Monday, October 11, 2010

Uh Oh

It seems I have been neglecting my blog once again.  I was not sure how often I would post or if I could even keep up when I started, but I have been trying.
I haven't been sitting around doing nothing, so I thought I'd share some of my recent works with all of you.
First, I have my attempt at altering a former CD holder.  I needed (wanted) something different to use as a mail sorter in my office, so....I found this and here's what I did:  I used ivory tinted Gesso as a primer, then added distress inks in Spiced Marmalade and Dried Marigold.  The labels are from my stash, and the pictures are from the pages of garage sale children's books.  I used Tim's flourish stamp and Tea Dye ink for the swirls.  The entire box was sprayed with a bit of water (it gives it a bit more of a weathered look) and a matte sealant when done.  The flowers are making memories, with clear rhinestones colored to match the rest of the colors.  The dragonfly is also from my stash, so I can't tell you where he flew in from.
Let me know what you think.  I'll be back tomorrow with my version of an altered cigar box.
                                                              Front
                                                      Top and Back
                                                      Left side
                                                        Right Side
Thanks for looking!!!

7 comments:

  1. I love it!! Great colors - wish I had it for my desk. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I just LOVE it- What an amazing job you did!!! *Hugs* Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, I'd love one of these for my desk too! You did an outstanding job and just seeing the word "postcard" put a big smile on my face! You go girl! Diann

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Dawn,

    You amaze me with all of your hidden talents!!
    This is just beautiful. I'm sure you will get plenty of use and smile every now and then when you look at the great job you've done. Char

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Dawn this is SO AWESOME!!!! I LOVE it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dawn...what a fun project. Thanks for sharing. I bet it looks great on your desk.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow--this is absolutely charming--so beautiful! I love every single detail--you really did a fantastic job altering this--gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete