Monday, December 12, 2011

A bit behind

I was doing so well....then.....too much to do and too few hours.  Ah well, I'm not that far behind.  I finished tags 9 and 10 on Saturday while at our monthly art crop.  I'm pleased at how both of these turned out and can say I will be using the mercury glass technique again.  I absolutely love the soft colors and glow they create.
Tag 9 was a challenge as I don't have any large background stamps...but I have learned to improvise.  The double embossed technique gives a luster to the tag that just isn't captured by camera.  The tag even feels "rich" because of the embossing.  I created the bird (dove) from the birdcage die and used bits and pieces of tattered tulle and nylon for the backing of the bird.  The branches are the holiday trimmings die.  Here is how this one turned out:


Tag 10 has to be my sentimental favorite.  It evokes candle light and grandma's tree at Christmas.  As involved as this tag appears it is fairly simple to create.  The multiple layers of color give it a rich depth.  Check out t!m'a blog for the technique to create the faux mercury glass ornaments.  Now for the tag:

I'll be back tomorrow evening with the final two tags.  This has been a great adventure and so much fun.  Remember to ....have fun
Until tomorrow,
Dawn

No comments:

Post a Comment