Monday, December 5, 2011

Tag Five

It's official.....I am beyond frustrated.  t!m's alcohol ink technique just wouldn't work for me.  I made three good attempts, but no matter how I tried the alcohol ink remained sticky and impossible to stamp over.  I'm not sure if it's our humidity or my technique.
I was able to complete a tag and achieve a semi adequate result on a fragment.
I an watching and waiting for tonight's tag.  You can follow the progress with Mario on Twitter or Facebook.  The tease pictures are always fun as is the friendly banter.

Now on to the tag:
Once again I chose red as my color palette.  I stamped then embossed the pinecone and branch.  The sentiment is from Stampin' Up.
The fragment is colored with sailboat blue alcohol ink and then the color is removed as directed in t!m's blog.  I plan to keep experimenting with the technique and hope to get it down soon.  I really like the result.
Until the next tag......


  1. I love how it turned out. I've not tried any of Tim's inks yet, dying to though

  2. It turned out well! I love the bright colors!