Sunday, September 16, 2012

Inconsistency

I think that fits the title of my blog posting habits.  I post in fits and spurts, rather than on a daily basis.  If you follow my blog you know it may be months between posts, but when I post it's usually filled with graphics.
This post is no different - I'm posting the first of my (hopefully) two challenge pieces for the "Cropped Event", being hosted by Above Rubies Studio (check out the badge to the right for more info).
The challenge called for using a card designed by Megan Elizabeth, as inspiration.  The techniques were: masking (the sun/moon), rolled edge on a stamp (the ship), stamping off (the waves), and ink blending to create a background.
Megan teaches these techniques as well as others in her DVD titled "1, 2, 3, Stamp".
I imagine by now you are thinking, enough already......get to the pics!  So without further discussion here is my submission for the first challenge.
The sentiment stamp and the ship are from a set of Technique Tuesday stamps called "All Aboard".  The swirls are from a set of Recollections called "Swirls".  As for the other ingredients, the inks are Distress inks, the ribbon and the patterned paper are from my "bits and pieces" stash.
I hope you enjoyed my attempt at this challenge.  Check back over the next few days as I will be loading the second challenge as well.
Until then.......have Fun!
Dawn

No comments:

Post a Comment